Sunday, May 31, 2015

May 31, 2015
Poppins People Post
Clint Warf
"Robertson Ay"


Being the new kid on the block is usually an intimidating thing.  I’ve sung several operatic roles, but this is my first musical theatre role and my first experience at MHT.  The long-standing history of high quality productions leaves one feeling they have big shoes to fill, so naturally I’ve been a bit nervous during the whole creative process.

I have known people in the MHT family for many years, but I’ve never been a part of that “family.”  Believe me when I tell you that “family” is the only appropriate word to use.  The sense of dedication can be felt among the actors and the crew alike, with everyone devoting virtually all of their free time in hopes of making something magical happen on stage. The hard work and time definitely pays off when the curtain opens and the audience feels the magic you’ve work so painstakingly to create.


Art, at its core, its meant to elicit an emotional response. Whether it be words, music, sets, etc., its all a form of art.  My hope is that I can play a small part in bringing art alive.  To transport at least one person into another place, to make them believe, even if just briefly, is the biggest reward of all.



“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”
-Thomas Merton

No comments:

Post a Comment