Tuesday, April 21, 2015

April 21, 2015
Michelle Hellinger, "Robbie the Camera Chick"
The Kitchen Witches

I am so excited to be making my stage debut here at Market House Theater. I’ve wanted to get into theater for years, but I’d been too chicken to audition. One of my New Year’s Resolutions this year was to begin going to auditions. Then somehow the stars aligned and provided me with The Kitchen Witches which had the perfect role for me to ease into theater. Val and Renie (the show's co-directors) were kind enough to take a chance on me and it’s been an amazing experience.
Though I didn’t have much trouble memorizing my one line for the show, I got more than I bargained for in the props department. With at least 100 props (I haven’t officially counted), and many of those including real food that must be replaced and re-plated every day, it has been a challenge that I have really enjoyed. I’ve also enjoyed watching the veteran actors go through the process from reading their lines to stumbling through their lines with no script to becoming their characters on stage. I can’t wait to do this again!


If you haven’t seen The Kitchen Witches yet, you don’t want to miss it!


No comments:

Post a Comment