Friday, April 15, 2016

Sue Fletcher
"Sedalia"
Always A Bridesmaid
April 15, 2016


If it's April, it's showtime! I've been lucky enough to do seven plays in April in the last eight years. I couldn't see myself anywhere else except on the MHT stage during this time. The plays in April have been comedies and geared toward the visitors we have in Paducah during the Quilt Show. They have been laugh out loud and make-you-feel-good plays.

That brings me to this year's April play, Always a Bridesmaid. It fits the category of a "laugh out loud" comedy. It is a fun romp through the years with four ladies who have been in each other's weddings every time one has tied the knot. 

That's where I come in. Sedalia owns the building where the weddings and receptions take place. She likes to think her precious Laurelton Oaks is geared for elegant occasions and a refined clientele. She likes to think she's elegant and refined, too. That is until she meets up with these bridesmaids. They try her patience and get on her last nerve. She must bring out all her tricks to cater to these ladies. 

Playing Sedalia has been a fun experience for me. I get to be involved with these ladies and actually lose a little of my sharp edge to befriend them. I learn very quickly that despite my regimented way of planning their weddings, I have to go with the flow so I can retain my sanity. A little champagne helps me, too! 


This play will appeal to all, but mostly women who might relate to the situations these ladies go through. It is truly a comedy that will have you quoting the lines as you leave. Oh, and you may have to visit the "ladies room" on your way out!!! Come see us. I know you will enjoy the play and laugh out loud, or at least do a lot of chuckling and smiling!!

1 comment:

  1. Actors like Sue Fletcher are one of the reasons that David and I support the Market House theatre. Great talented people who step out of their comfort zone and donate time to give the area a great play! We don't miss the April plays with Sue Fletcher!

    ReplyDelete