Monday, March 16, 2015

CHRIS BEAL  CAST OF MURDER, COUNTRY STYLE, Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre


At the age of ten, I retired from the theater. I completed a successful run as a preposition in an elementary school play about grammar. Why not end my career on a high note? Well fourteen years later I’m back, country style!!!
I was asked to play piano for the first murder mystery of the current season, Win, Lose, Or Die, and we had a blast!  Murder, Country Style presented a completely different challenge. The Stumpp family’s hit single, Roadkill, came with lyrics but no music! We could buy the musical arrangement or come up with our own.  Kim Yocum, Tony Kitchen, and I teamed up and created a fun arrangement for the song that I think you will enjoy. The song features live instruments including banjo, guitar, and tambourine. Now, I can call myself a country music producer!
Working with the cast has been a rewarding experience. Thank you to Valerie & Renie for your leadership and creative vision. To the cast, you truly amaze me. Not even two months ago, we were sitting around the table reading the script for the first time. You have breathed life into these characters and made them endearing. To the public, please come support the Market House family this weekend. If you’ve never been to a Market House production, this is a perfect way to introduce yourself to the theater. Hope to see you soon. Hi-yee!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment